Endpoint Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGPSdk issue with WIndows 2008

Posted May 26, 2011 11:08 AM

Not sure if this is the right forum but figured I would start here. We're currently running PGPSdk version 3.12 for encrypting files before FTPing them. This works correctly on the current 2003 server as well as XP development boxes. Moving the same code over to Windows 2008 gives an exception when running.

Looking for what my options are, I believe there is a newer 4.0 version out there but it also looks like Symantec is ending the life cycle of this product and incorporating it into their own product line.

Exception is

Message: SNSApplicationException: PGP source file creation failure. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'PGPSDKWrapper.dll' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

at PGPSdk.PGPClient.EncryptAndSignFile(String pubkeyring, String privkeyring, String infile, String outfile, String passphrase)

at TaskQueue.DeliverMessageByFtp(OracleConnection dbConn, Delivery[] msgs, String sFile) in F:\Thirdparty\projects\SNS\postTrade\app\bin\sns\SNS-common\Src\TaskQueue.cs:line 637

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at TaskQueue.DeliverMessageByFtp(OracleConnection dbConn, Delivery[] msgs, String sFile) in F:\Thirdparty\projects\SNS\postTrade\app\bin\sns\SNS-common\Src\TaskQueue.cs:line 660

at TaskQueue.DeliverMessage(OracleConnection dbConn, Delivery[] msgs) in F:\Thirdparty\projects\SNS\postTrade\app\bin\sns\SNS-common\Src\TaskQueue.cs:line 469

at TaskQueue.ProcessMessage(OracleConnection dbConn, Delivery[] msgs) in F:\Thirdparty\projects\SNS\postTrade\app\bin\sns\SNS-common\Src\TaskQueue.cs:line 423

at TaskQueue.DoDeliveryTask(Object o) in F:\Thirdparty\projects\SNS\postTrade\app\bin\sns\SNS-common\Src\TaskQueue.cs:line 95

Additional Data

Input File Name:              d:\SNSArchive\2011-5-24-22-58-37--151499

Src File Name:   d:\SNSArchive\2011-5-24-22-58-37--151499.txt

Dst File Name:  2011-5-24-22-58-37--151499.txt

PGP outFileName:          d:\SNSArchive\2011-5-24-22-58-37--151499.txt.pgp

FTPCustomFileName:   

FTPCustomCompletionFileName:

• 2.  RE: PGPSdk issue with WIndows 2008

Posted May 26, 2011 12:51 PM

The latest version of the SDK is 4.0.1 but I don't think upgrading will solve your issue.Symantec (PGP) does not ship a "PGPSDKWrapper.dll" library, so I'm not sure what you are doing exactly.  The SDK version 3.12 is supported on Windows 2008 so I suspect your problem is related to some other aspect of your environment.

Symantec is figuring out the best way to support SDK developers and how best to package/sell it but to my knowledge there is no intent to stop making it available.

• 3.  RE: PGPSdk issue with WIndows 2008

Posted May 27, 2011 02:26 PM

Figured out the issue. The PGPSdkWrapper was written in C++, we're currently using Visual Studio 2010. When we deployed it to the Windows 2008 server, we only installed the .Net 4 environment. Once we installed the Visual Studio C++ runtime DLL's it stareted working.