Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Pgptray.exe and Outlook 2003 crashing

Created: 31 May 2011 • Updated: 11 Oct 2011 | 1 comment

I have a newly installed laptop on which for 2-3 times a day pgptray.exe crashes and then immediately Outlook follows. The error reported is “Pgp Tray has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.” I also have this on a desktop, but only pgptray.exe is crashing this time, without affecting other software. Outlook version is 2003 with SP3 installed and PGP is 10.1 .

Update: now I upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010, but the behavior appeared again. So pgptray.exe is still crashing from time to time.

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

PGP_Ben's picture

Is there any behavior specific to contributing the crash that you can think of?  Such as sending a certain type of email, opening a specific type of attachment. Have you tried disabling all third party plugins in Outlook (besides the PGP mail plugin) and see if that helps?

If/when you consider your issue resolved, please click Mark As Solution on the most helpful response.