Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

php.exe error when launching Backup Exec 2010 R3 since installing Windows updates?

Created: 02 Aug 2013 • Updated: 03 Aug 2013 | 3 comments
Kremlar's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Just installed a round of Windows Updates on 2 Windows Server 2003 R2 servers (32-bit).  Both servers are running Backup Exec 2010 R3 with latest patches installed (according to LiveUpdate).

Now, when launching Backup Exec I get 3 pop-ups with OK butons:

php.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 3889 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll.

I hit OK, then get:

php.exe - Ordinal Not Found
The ordinal 3879 could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.DLL

Hit OK again, then get:

php.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because php_mbstring.dll was not found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

A quick search turns up nothing.  It's happening for me on 2 different servers at 2 different locations, so I assume there must be others out there getting this error.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

Download and install SP3 and see whether it solves the problem

Backup Exec 2010 R3 revision 5204 Service Pack 3

If not, then go to Add/Remove Programs and do a repair of BE.

Remember to push out the remote agents after installing SP3.
MusSeth's picture

Could you please check if you are getting this error with other applications as well or with BE only
Run a repair install of backup exec from add and remove programs and than try launching backup exec...

Kremlar's picture

I was incorrect, I now believe that the php.exe error started when PHP was installed in the server to support a small intranet page hosted on the same 2 servers. 

I took a backup copy of the c:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\SEPM folder and copied some of the newer PHP files (exe and DLLs) from c:\Program Files\PHP into the folder and now Backup Exec launches without error and seems to operate fine.

SOLUTION