Planning on Retention Expiry and Bulk Archive deletions
This is more of a pre-discussion that issue itself but I am trying to design a solution which involves following points:
1. Identify and delete orphaned Archives.
2. Create an expiry retention policy which deletes shortcuts from default folder & sub-folders after x months.
3. Push the Policy to all mailboxes.
So far I have made below progress on these action items.
1. Idenitified Orphaned archives and their LegacyMailboxDN values & Archive names.
However - I am wondering if there is a way to perform bulk deletions of these archives rather doing on one-off basis - like an EVPM or SQL script that marks these accounts for deletions? These archives do not have the AD account or mailboxes so we won't be able to use Provisioning group as a parameter to my knowledge.
2. Below is EVPM script to complete same:
ajay, theoretically, there's
ajay, theoretically, there's a bit in sql which you can flip that essentially marks the archive for deletion. not sure that i want to post it here - it might be like giving everyone a rope to hang themselves with. it can be very dangerous. if you want to pm me i'll share the script with you and you can modify it to work with your input list as you see fit.