Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Problem Access with office 2010 standard kms

Created: 06 Mar 2012 | 5 comments
gsalerno's picture

Hi all,

I'm here for asking some help about a new problem with the office 2010.

I have done an Access 2010 SP1 package with kms activation.

When I activate it alone, there is no problems it work correctly.

Same thing if I have an Office pro plus application installed and I activate the Access layer.

But if I activated my Layer with an Office standard version, Access won't work anymore. It said me that "Microsoft office standard 2010 cannot verify the license for this application"

Has anyone a solution/response?

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

EdT's picture

Are you using a standalone version of Access when creating your access package, or just using MS Office Pro and configuring this to install access alone?

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

gsalerno's picture

Hi,

Normaly I'm using a standalone version, I have test to install it with MAK key but same thing it doesn't work better.

But when I activate it with an Office pro version it take the kms version of office and not his kms key.

Did you think that the problem is with the kms server that doesn't want to give a license key for access?

Salerno Giuseppe
System Engineer
Bechtle Suisse Romande

EdT's picture

If I recall correctly, the licensing of standalone Access is different to Access when it is part of the Office Pro Suite, so I don't think you could use the KMS activation from the Office Pro suite for the standalone package, and of course Office Standard does not contain Access so you will not be able to activate Access using the Office Std suite.

I don't know enough about Office licensing but this is where I believe your issue lies. Is it worth checking in a Microsoft forum or on their website to check how best to organise the use of KMS and MAK activation in a  mixed package environment.

If your issue has been solved, please use the "Mark as Solution" link on the most relevant thread.

gsalerno's picture

But just one thing, why is it possible to install it with the kms activation in a physical installation and it isn't on a virtual install?

Salerno Giuseppe
System Engineer
Bechtle Suisse Romande

EdT's picture

That is a new situation which I don't see mentioned before. However, it may be something to do with the read only layer. If this contains previous activation information from the time the package was created, and cannot be updated, then maybe this is the cause of the issue you are seeing.

You don't mention whether your layers were created on an isolated machine or whether the test machine had access to the KMS server, but to avoid this potential issue, I would suggest that the layer creation should take place in a situation where accidental activation of your layer is not possible until it has been deployed.