Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  Problem connecting DLP 11.6 to Protection Center 2.1

Posted Oct 05, 2012 08:30 PM

Hello,

I'm running DLP 11.6 an upgrade from DLP 11.5 to 11.6 (fresh instal/demo w/ nothing configured) and am trying to connect to Symantec Protection Center 2.1 (version 2.1.1.3012 to be exact).  I have checked to see if there is an update and I am current on all the updates.

When I add the credentials and IP address to my Enforce server I get an error message that "protection center cannot connect to supported product host.  Check the availablity of the host on the network"

WHen my Enforce Server was at version 11.5 it could connect, now at 11.6 it cannot.

Is there an update that I'm missing?

I've verified credentials, verified no firewall issues and I can ping the device.  I am using IP address, not the hostname

• 2.  RE: Problem connecting DLP 11.6 to Protection Center 2.1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2012 09:56 PM

looks like an issue with already integrated product.

check this article and let know if it helps

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH182256

• 3.  RE: Problem connecting DLP 11.6 to Protection Center 2.1

Posted Oct 06, 2012 02:43 PM

THanks for this post

So there is no solution for this and it might be addressed in a future version?

Glad its just a demo system, I'll rebuild my protection center as it is easier than rebuilding my DLP system

• 4.  RE: Problem connecting DLP 11.6 to Protection Center 2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 06, 2012 09:39 PM

it wikk be addressed in future version as mentioned in article

"This issue is currently being considered by Symantec to be addressed in the next major revision of the product. There are no plans to address this issue by way of a patch or hotfix in the current or previous versions of the software at the present time"