Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Problem Convert Server Exchngae 2010 to Virtual Machne

Created: 03 Oct 2012 | 3 comments

Hi All,

I have problem when convert server exchange 2010 from phisic server  to virtual machine in HyperV, i use OS Windows Server 2008 R2 for exchange 2010 and Windows Server 2003 x64 for Backup Server. 

bellow the log error :

Job ended: Thursday, October 04, 2012 at 12:00:01 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe000a43f - Failed to create the virtual disks required for the warm conversion.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-42047

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

VJware's picture

Maybe due to the fact the media server is running Win 2003 OS..Have a look at the requirements - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?pag...

Moh Johan Rajabi's picture

I have succefully convert Domain Control server to Virtual Machine with Backup Exec server that running on Windows 2003 x64, but i have problem with my Exchange Server 2010

VJware's picture

If the requirements are not being met, it would be considered as a non-supported scenario. Best-effort support may be provided, however we have seen this error especially when the media server OS is running Win 2003, and hence the original recommendation.