Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Problem with DELL optiplex 740 and Ghostcast server 8

Posted Apr 05, 2007 06:05 AM
    i use a windows 200 server with ris and ghostcast server 8 to deploy new computer and when i try to boot on pxe i have the ghost window whith only local process avalaible and no multicast .
    ihave run ghost boot wizard and under microsoft ris boot option create a new network connection with include network driver it doesn't work i have try with driver from dell and with driver from broadcom (http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_desktop.php) and it doesn't work too .
    does someone can help me ?

• 2.  RE: Problem with DELL optiplex 740 and Ghostcast server 8

Posted Apr 10, 2007 03:51 AM
    Hi,

Yes, Ghostcasting is grayed out when there is no network driver loaded.

Could you press F8 in client machine when it says 'Starting PCDOS' and select the step by step mode? Do you get any error messages when initializing the network?

Krish

• 3.  RE: Problem with DELL optiplex 740 and Ghostcast server 8

Posted Apr 10, 2007 05:54 AM
    when i try in step by step i have this message:
    Device=\net\B57.dos [y,n,esc]? Y
    broadcom ethernet dos NDIS2 Driver V10.03 (061215)
    the driver failed to load

• 4.  RE: Problem with DELL optiplex 740 and Ghostcast server 8

Posted Apr 11, 2007 02:17 AM
    Hi,

For some reason the driver is failing to load, but this is the most up-to-date driver available for BC (ver 10.03).

Could you try creating a floppy and try to boot with it - just to make sure that the PXE boot does not interfere with the driver?

Could you try selecting 'PXE packet driver' instead of BC driver when creating the RIS boot image (I am not sure if it is available in 8.0 under RIS though - please check - we started providing that driver for non-3Com PXE images from 8.3)

Krish

• 5.  RE: Problem with DELL optiplex 740 and Ghostcast server 8

Posted Apr 11, 2007 09:30 AM
    i have tried with "PXE packet driver " and it works fine ! thanks a lot !:smileyhappy: