Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Problem endpoint 11.0 when installed on Windows 2003 Server.

Posted Jul 29, 2009 11:36 PM
      |   view attached
    The customer have 3 servers and control by remote desktop because server installed outside haed offices.
    All servers run Windows 2003 server.

List of servers :
    1) Database Server : Model x3650 3.16 GHz x2 processor RAM 12 GB (SQL2000) (Not connect to internet)
    2) Web server : Model x346 3.6 GHz x2 processor RAM 3 GB
    3) Web server : Model x346 3.6 GHz x2 processor RAM 2 GB

- I installed SEPM Version 11.0.4010.19 on Web server (2) ,then create package include antivirus, antispyware and network threat protection and deploy to all servers.
    - Both Web server were normally but Database server had problem as
                  1) Sometime the server can't run any application when open application the error occer and open task manager for look the performance both CPU and RAM are normal. This problem is happening about 1/2 hour
                  2) The system log of Windows have the error source Application Popup and event number 333 everytime.
                  3) My customer uninstall SEP from Database server but the error of system log is existing then he has uninstall SEP and SEPM from all servers the error in system log is disappear and all problem solved.
                  4) Now the servers of my customer don't have the antivirus software.

Please help me.
    thank you.
    wirawat.

• 2.  RE: Problem endpoint 11.0 when installed on Windows 2003 Server.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 30, 2009 12:04 AM
    You have mentioned the version as SEPM Version 11.0.4010.19

This version was having lots of issues hence symantec removed this version from the fileconnect site with one week after the release.

You can upgrade the SEPM to MR4 MP2 & then install the clients with the same version it should definitely help you.

Please mark this as a solution tho this thread is it works :)

• 3.  RE: Problem endpoint 11.0 when installed on Windows 2003 Server.

Posted Jul 30, 2009 12:04 AM
    If possible install sep without NTP(network Threat Protection) and see the result. Firewall may be the cause of this problem.

• 4.  RE: Problem endpoint 11.0 when installed on Windows 2003 Server.

Posted Jul 30, 2009 12:07 AM

• 5.  RE: Problem endpoint 11.0 when installed on Windows 2003 Server.

Posted Jul 30, 2009 12:55 AM

The package install include antivirus, antispyware and network threat protection  but the rule of firewall I unchecked "Block all other traffic rule" for allow any traffic. I don't sure it same to without NTP.
    And the Network threat protection log don't have error.

However I will try to install the SEP MR4MP2 as your reply. And i will tell you for result after install SEP MR4MP2 becouse my customer had uninstalled.

thank you.
    wirawat.

• 6.  RE: Problem endpoint 11.0 when installed on Windows 2003 Server.

Posted Jul 30, 2009 01:37 AM

• 7.  RE: Problem endpoint 11.0 when installed on Windows 2003 Server.

Posted Aug 04, 2009 04:57 AM
    Yesterday, I installed SEPM MR4MP2 and deploy to all server.
    And created centralized exception policy for SQL Server.
    Today the database server can working.
    I will check the server few day and tell you again.

Thank you everybody.
    wirawat.

• 8.  RE: Problem endpoint 11.0 when installed on Windows 2003 Server.

Posted Aug 04, 2009 05:08 AM
    That is great As I told you Upgrade to MR4 MP2 should help you.
    If your problem is solved then please mark the solution for this thread after your observation is finished.