Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

• 1.  Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 23, 2010 02:43 PM

Hi,

I am trying imaging Fujitsu T5010 with no sucess. Each time it fails with on a different file. The TFTP log has a ACK Block Ignored (received twice) message for that file. The setup works well for other machines and not for this machine. I have updated the NIC drivers (Intel 82567lm) for Vista, but did not fix the issue.

Please help.

-Naresh

• 2.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 23, 2010 03:39 PM

If your machine has SATA hard disk(s), you may need to ensure that you have the latest (Vista) drivers for your SATA chipset, in case there is a problem when transferring data between the NIC and the hard disk.

• 3.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 24, 2010 08:24 AM

I tried adding the latest SATA drivers from the manufacturer's site, which only provides the *.inf files. But when I try to add them in the boot wizard, I get an error saying no drivers were selected. Any ideas why? Thanks,

-Naresh

• 4.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 24, 2010 01:23 PM

I have not seen any drivers that consist only of an INF file. However, the best way to check what other files might be required is to open the INF file in a text editor and look for a list of the files that the INF installs, or expects to find on the system. It is possible that the INF references files that are already part of windows, but again, this is not something I have seen before.

• 5.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 25, 2010 04:21 AM

Hey Naresh,

Are you getting an error 0xf2 when you are trying to add the drivers?

If yes can you makesure as you have deleted the old driver files.

If you can let us know the name of the device.

So that we can help you in finding the correct drivers.

• 6.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 27, 2010 01:51 PM

Sokkalingam,

I am not getting that error. I think I need ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller driver for this laptop. Any help finding the right drivers for this laptop would be of great help. Thanks,

-Naresh

• 7.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 28, 2010 03:18 AM

Hi Naresh,

Given below is the link to the ICH9 SATA driver,

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18859&lang=eng

To extract the driver, drag and drop the .exe file on to the command prompt and use the following command to extract the files,  

-a -a -pc:\<path>

Hope this helps !

-Prasanna

• 8.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 28, 2010 03:40 PM

I tried adding the extracted drivers and I still get the same error saying that no drivers were selected to add...

• 9.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 28, 2010 05:31 PM

I found another source for the SATA drivers and have added them to the WInPE, but still get the same error as before, where it fails to load various files, viz, the BCD, boot.sdi, *.wim etc, and the TFTP32D log states that Ack Block # ignored (received twice). Not sure if it is an issue with the tftp server, as it works for other machines well. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

-Naresh

• 10.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 29, 2010 05:48 AM

Hey Naresh,

If you are able to successfully use Ghost Solution in all other machine.

I would suggest you to use the same method like the other machines.

This is inorder to corner the issue as whether the problem is because of the TFTP Server.

Lets corner the issue and see what needs to be updated.

Thanks

• 11.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 29, 2010 02:03 PM

I want to add generic drivers for vista (standard ahci 1.0 serial ata controller drivers) and try once more. Do you know where I can find them? Thanks,

-Naresh

• 12.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Sep 29, 2010 03:01 PM

@Sokkalingam: I tried using the same method for all other machines using the same tftp server, without any issues. It does not work only for the T5010s, which I believe might be because of some messed up drivers. Correct me if I am wrong. 

• 13.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Oct 01, 2010 02:46 AM

Hi Naresh,

Is there any other T510 for which this works? If not, then most definitely it is due to the lack of the correct driver. If you could send your System Information report, then it would be easier for us to identify the correct driver and help you with it.

• 14.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Oct 01, 2010 08:25 AM
      |   view attached

Venkatanathan,

Yes, you are correct - none of the T5010s that we have are working. As asked I have attached the System Information Report. Thanks,

-Naresh

Attachment(s)

txt
    SIR_T5010.txt   479 KB 1 version

• 15.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Oct 01, 2010 10:16 AM

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/sata-drivers-intel-ich9-and-ich10

Above is a link that may or may not relate to your issue. I was able to download and install the Non-Turbo Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager Driver from your vendors website without any errors into a copy of the Pre OS 512 template. I have Dell's and I have run into a simiplar issue when building boot disks.

I might be worth a look.

• 16.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Oct 01, 2010 09:58 PM

Hi Naresh,

Please find the below link that would provide you the drivers and also the procedure to add the drivers. These drivers are for use with Windows PE. Hope you are using Windows PE as your  PreOS rather than PC DOS.

Link for Network Driver:
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/nic-drivers-intel-82567lm-792010 

Link for Storage Driver:
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/downloads/sata-drivers-intel-ich9-and-ich10

The below link would give you an idea of how to add these drivers to the Windows PE boot package.
    https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/adding-vista-driver-nic-windows-pe-ghost-solution-suite-251

Hope this helps !

• 17.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Oct 04, 2010 01:49 PM

Venkatanathan,

I am still getting the same error after using the drivers that you provided me through the links. Any thoughts?

-Naresh

• 18.  RE: Problem Imaging Fujitsu T5010 using GSS and WinPE

Posted Oct 05, 2010 02:57 PM

If all you have installed on your system is the standard tools then I might suggest uninstalling it. Google search for the manual cleanup steps. They are out there in another post. Clean the file system and registry. Then reinstall the standard tools. Else install them on another PC. Try again and verify that you get the same results. For me the process fixed a great many things that were going wrong with the boot wizard.

You might also want to check and see if you already have a version of those drivers in your pre-os. I would copy one of the templates, edit it, verify that those driver are not in it and then updated it with the MFGR drivers. Then see if it works.

Outside of that I don't have anything else to offer. Well if you had a PCMCIA card that worked you could always cheat the system. Not clean I know but if it means getting them loaded and out the door til you sort it out it is better than nothing.