Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

problem with installing symantec endpoint protection on server2008

Created: 05 Mar 2013 • Updated: 05 Mar 2013 | 5 comments

hi,

can somebody help me to solve this problem:

I've installed Symantec endpoint protection on my server2008 (file server) but I've faced so much problems and server was being so slow.

when I uninstalled symantec , the problem has been solved. Now I don't have antivirus on my file server. what shoul I do?

Sarah

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Ambesh_444's picture

Hi,

Which version of sep you have installed on the server.

Thank& Regards,

Ambesh

"Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you find above information helpful or it has resolved your issue. Please don't forget to mark the thread as solved."

W007's picture

hi,

Can you provide some information.

What SEP feature do you have install currently ?

Try to Install only AV feature..

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

Ambesh_444's picture

Hello,

Please share required deatails with us, So that we can help you..

Thank& Regards,

Ambesh

"Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you find above information helpful or it has resolved your issue. Please don't forget to mark the thread as solved."

Rafeeq's picture

Install only Antivirus and Antispyware only do not install network threat protection without configuring the firewall rules.

SebastianZ's picture

Try installing the SEP package only with Basic Protection for server components - check the following as well:

Best Practices for Installing Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) on Windows Servers

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH92440