Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Problem with Remote deployment of 64bit clients using 12.1 RU2

Posted Feb 21, 2013 09:17 AM

I currently am running SEPM 12 RU2. It is installed on a 64-bit 2008 server.

I am able to push to 32-bit servers and workstions without a problem.

I am unable to remote deploy to 64 bit workstations and servers using the Auto-Uninstall feature of previous security Software. I have verified the following:

1. firewall isn't blocking connection
    2. UAC is disabled
    3. Simple file sharing is off
    4. Remote registry is running.

When I try to remote deploy to a 64 bit system using the uninstall of previous security software option the appremover.exe hangs and I receivie the following error in my event log:

The VPRemote Install Bootstrap Service service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

The event error is 7030.

When I push to these same clients without the  uninstall of previous security software option selected the software will push and install just fine.

Any thoughts as to what might be causing the uninstall of Trend Micro 10.5.x to hang? 

• 2.  RE: Problem with Remote deployment of 64bit clients using 12.1 RU2

Posted Feb 21, 2013 09:24 AM

• 3.  RE: Problem with Remote deployment of 64bit clients using 12.1 RU2

Posted Feb 21, 2013 10:12 AM

Ashish

I have tried to look into this but this service does not show up in Services.msc. It is running in the background from the remote push. I also would not want every user that would be getting the push to have to do this themselves. It shoudl be able to remain a background process.

• 4.  RE: Problem with Remote deployment of 64bit clients using 12.1 RU2

Posted Feb 21, 2013 10:26 AM

hi,

Try to create new client package and select Installation type (Steps 7) Silent (No user input or display) mode

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/how-do-i-create-and-configure-custom-symantec-endpoint-protection-installation-package-vers

• 5.  RE: Problem with Remote deployment of 64bit clients using 12.1 RU2

Posted Feb 21, 2013 10:37 AM

Exact issue, not sure if it has been addressed yet.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/problems-remote-deployment-64bit-clients-using-ru5#comment-3462601

I would suggest to open up a case with Symantec to confirm if it has been fixed in RU1 or in comming releases.