Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Problem: Upgrade BE 12.5 auf BE 2010

Created: 25 May 2010 • Updated: 13 Dec 2012 | 11 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hallo Community,

ich bekomme beim Environment Check vor dem Upgrade drei Warnungen, welche wie folgt sind:

1. Mediengeräteinformationen
   Mindestens eines der Geräte dieses Computers ist entweder nicht angeschlossen oder
   oder funktioniert nicht.
   Gerät: Tape0
   Dieses Gerät kann unterstützt** werden, der derzeit geladene Treiber ist jedoch    unbekannt.
   Produkt: HP Ultrium 3-SCSI M22H
   Gerätetyp: Sequenziellspeichermedium
   Dienstname: hplto
   Aktueller Treibername: hplto.sys
   Von Symantec erkannt: ja
   Symantec-Treiber ist geladen: nein
   SCSI: Anschluss 2
   SCSI-Bus: 0
   SCSI-Ziel: 0
   SCSI-LUN: 0

Kein Hinweis auf andere Treiber etc. Ist dies ein gravierendes Problem? Mit BE 12.5 läuft ja schließlich alles.

2. Symantec AntiVirus-Prüfung

Symantec Antivirus ist nicht auf diesem Computer installiert. Symantec empfiehlt den Backup Exec-Server mit Symantec Antivirus zu schützen. Wenn Sie weitere Informationen zu Symantec Antivirus erhalten möchten, klicken Sie hier.

Im Einsatz ist Trendmicro Officescan auf dem Server. Sollte wohl keine Probleme geben oder?

3. Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Prüfung

Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager ist nicht auf diesem Computer installiert. Zur Aktivierung der Backup Exec-Sicherheitsübersicht muss Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager installiert sein. Weitere Informationen finden Sie hier.

Dieser ist ja wohl auch nicht zwingend erforderlich oder? Zumal er kostenpflichtig ist.

Wenn ich die Installation trotz dieser drei Warnungen starte, bricht er sofort bei dem Punkt "Installiere Backup Exec 2010" ab. Die Installationen davor werden problemlos durchlaufen.

Hoffe ihr könnt mir weiterhelfen, warum die Installation abbricht, bzw. wie und ob ich die oben genannten Warnungen beseitigen muss.

Vielen Dank.

Gruß

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

Dev T's picture

Hallo,

Sie können sowohl die Warnungen zu ignorieren, wie wir die Bandlaufwerke nach der Installation von Backup Exec konfigurieren können, können Sie ignorieren auch die Symantec Antivirus und Warnung sowie die Installation abzuschließen ....

Hope this helps ...

Its a best practice to have a "Support Contract" with Symantec...

CraigV's picture

Hi Stefan,

Here is some info...

1. I wouldn't worry too much about the message about the drivers. As long as your device is on the Backup Exec 2010 HCL (and I am sure that an HP LTO3 drive wouldn't be left off!), the installation will install its own drivers. Symantec has made available new drivers as well, so look at updating this as part of your installation process.

2. It doesn't matter that you have Trend on the server in question. I think the reason that they recommend using SAV is because it also uses LiveUpdate. You can safely ignore this.

3. Do you have SEP installed? If not, it is also not necessary to install this.

I have put a link below which will help understand some of the problems I experienced during my first lot of upgrades...

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/w...

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

Stefan A.'s picture

Hallo,

danke für die Antwort.
Aber wie kann ich das Upgrade erfolgreich beenden? Das Upgrade bricht wegen der Warnungen immer während der Installation ab.

btw. Where can i download the Symantec LTO 3 Drivers speratly? I haven't found them on the Symantec Website.

CraigV's picture

What sort of errors are you getting during the installation? The above shouldn't be stopping your installation...

The DDI drivers for BE 2010 can be found on the link below:

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/348315.htm

Stefan A.'s picture

That's what I did:

1. Updated Windows 2003 with all critical Fixes
2. Backed up Symantec BE 12.5 (Stopping Services, copy and so on)
3. Stopped Trendmicro Services
4. Tried to install BE 2010 >>>> ERROR

The install log is attached.

Hope for help ;-)

AttachmentSize
install.pdf 166.51 KB
Stefan A.'s picture

That's what I did:

1. Updated Windows 2003 with all critical Fixes
2. Backed up Symantec BE 12.5 (Stopping Services, copy and so on)
3. Stopped Trendmicro Services
4. Tried to install BE 2010 >>>> ERROR

The install log is attached.

Hope for help ;-)

AttachmentSize
install.pdf 166.51 KB
Dev T's picture

Wenn die Installation beendet dazwischen ist oder ausfällt, trennen oder deaktivieren Sie das Bandlaufwerk und weiter immer die Installation und den Anschluss der Festplatte nach der Installation über.

Its a best practice to have a "Support Contract" with Symantec...

CraigV's picture

Mmm...Stefan, was this from the 3GB ISO download, or the various parts that had to be joined?
I have had issues with a corrup ISO, and had to download it again for some of my sites.

Stefan A.'s picture

Okay, now I have downloaded it again. Will try it tomorrow and post what will happen... Maybe, could there a problem with the passwort? Because I can't type our administrator password in the field. A sign of the password doesn't work (it did the windows error bing), but only in the Symantec BE 2010 field. So I typed it in the editor and did copy/paste to the BE 2010 password field. What do you think about this? Seems like a bug or anything else. The sign is ". Could anyone of you test this, if this happens by everyone or only by me.

CraigV's picture

Mmm...that is weird. I must say I haven't had that before.
Are you able to log onto the server with your service account's username/password? Does the service account have local admin rights to that server, and is there the possibility that you have a policy blocking installations?

Stefan A.'s picture

I can't believe it. It works ;-)

I'm able to log onto the server with my service account's username/password. It also has local admin rights and there is no policy which can block.

I tried another account, with a more simply password and it works. I used the same installation files. So I think it was really the " sign in the password. Thanks guys for your help and your inspirations.

SOLUTION