Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Problems after upgrade to 10.1.4

Posted Jun 20, 2007 09:51 AM
    Sometimes when some users log on to Windows XP they only see a blank desktop. When this occurs, you can solve the problem by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE to start Task Manager and then starting a new instance of explorer.exe. The problem started after upgrading from Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.1.0.821
    to Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.1.400.

I tried to fix the problem by unistalling Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.1.400, restart and then do an reinstall but the problem still exist. Whats wrong and who do I fix it?  

• 2.  RE: Problems after upgrade to 10.1.4

Posted Jun 20, 2007 09:59 PM
    it sounds to me like it could be startup scans causing slow login/startup of the system.

Try disabling startup scans on the clients, and / or checking for "doscan.exe' running on the clients with taskmgr. if it is running, manually end the task and see if your PC springs to life.

Shaneous

• 3.  RE: Problems after upgrade to 10.1.4

Posted Jul 24, 2007 02:44 AM
    Startup scan is disabled.

The problems only occurs after schedule scans. I checked for doscan but it is not running on the clients.

Is there a script for manually uninstalling  SAV 10.1.4?

• 4.  RE: Problems after upgrade to 10.1.4

Posted Aug 03, 2007 03:38 AM
    I found some information about a tool,NoNav, to remove Symantec Anti-virus from a computer.
    As a last resort I will try to use this tool to remove SAV and do a clean install of SAV 10.1.6000
    from SSC. Where can I download this tool?  I have a valid Service Agreement.

I found some unofficial downloadlinks but I do not want to download from an unoffical Symantec site.

• 5.  RE: Problems after upgrade to 10.1.4

Posted Aug 03, 2007 07:33 AM
    you can't download it from any of our public sites

you will need to call support and ask them for it.