Video Screencast Help

Problems with Backup Exec 2010 R2

Created: 20 Apr 2011 • Updated: 14 Nov 2011 | 11 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

I'm having problems with Backup Exec 2010 R2. Everything started after upgrading from version 12.5.

Backup jobs wont stop and backup job is in "loading media" state for very long time before it starts to run. I have no errors. Backup just says running forever. Normally with version 12.5 full backup takes 3 hours.

Any ideas? Tape drive is HP Ultrium 3 SCSI and server is HP Proliant ML 350 G5 with Windows Server 2008 x64 standard.

Comments 11 CommentsJump to latest comment

AmolB's picture

Do you see any alerts in the alerts tab waiting for you response.

ZeRoC00L's picture

Did you run liveupdate to make sure that you have installed all available updates?

And did you run the device configration wizard to install the latested device drivers?

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

pkh's picture

Can you ran an inventory job using your tape drive?

Kiran Bandi's picture

@KJRH,

Change the filter in Alerts tab to Informational Messages, now it may be set to errors/warnings. Some Media overwrite alert may be waiting for response. It may be set to clear after one hour if didn't got response.Check it.

Regards...

Demz's picture

Hi,

I'm still learning to use this software :) I didn't have checked the  Alert tab. There is message saying:

"Please remove the media from the drive, and Respond OK. "

Why i need to remove media from the drive? It shouldn't be full, it's appendable and overwritable.

AmolB's picture

I guess you have selected "Eject media" option after the backup job completes.

You may configure the Eject media alert to clear out automatically after 1 min. Once the alert get a

response the job shows status as completed.

Demz's picture

There is no "eject media" option selected.

Gregmfg's picture

Put the tape in and run an inventory on the tape.  See if the tape is really overwritable or if it is write protected. 

1) Select the Devices Tab

2) Select your tape drive

3) right click the tape drive and  inventory

4) Wait for the job to complete

5) Under the media tab look for the tape and see if it is blue or black (blue is overwriteable black is not)

Demz's picture

If i just respond OK to this: "Please remove the media from the drive, and Respond OK. " from Aler Tab

Backup job completes without errors.

Why o why I need to answer to this.

AmolB's picture

This is by design, so simply configure the alert to clear out automatically.

SOLUTION