Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  problems with installing sep 12.1.5 on linux client

Posted Dec 10, 2014 10:31 AM

hi,

we've upgraded to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.5 (RU5) but while upgrading the linux client we had a problem with the commaned sudo ./install sh -i .

we've met with the error "Installation requires Oracle Java 1.5 or later whose owner is superuser. Please install the correct version with superuser and Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files, and try again.".

we've tried upgrading the java version to java 1.7 and changing the policy files but nothing worked.

• 2.  RE: problems with installing sep 12.1.5 on linux client

Posted Dec 10, 2014 10:43 AM

Did you see this, it the case in your situation?

System Requirements for Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.5

Other environmental requirements

• Oracle Java 1.5 or later; Java 7 or later recommended.
      This installation requires superuser privileges.

• Unlimited Strength Java Cryptography Extension (JCE)
      You must install the Unlimited Strength Java Cryptography Extension policy files to match your version of Java. This installation requires superuser privileges.
      You can download the installation files under Additional Resources from the following Oracle website: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

• 3.  RE: problems with installing sep 12.1.5 on linux client

Posted Dec 11, 2014 08:29 AM
    We have java 1.7 and the Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files 7 downloaded from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/embedded/embedded-se/downloads/jce-7-download-432124.html yet we still face this error.

• 4.  RE: problems with installing sep 12.1.5 on linux client

Posted Dec 18, 2014 03:54 AM
    Please, i need an answer .

• 5.  RE: problems with installing sep 12.1.5 on linux client

Posted Dec 18, 2014 11:46 AM

Call support please

• 6.  RE: problems with installing sep 12.1.5 on linux client

Posted Dec 22, 2014 07:10 AM

Hey dude, how are you?

Error: Installation requires Oracle Java 1.5 or later whose owner is superuser. Please install the correct version with superuser and Java Cryptography Extension (JCE) Unlimited Strength Jurisdiction Policy Files, and try again.

Do this steps below and try again.

# install : jre-7u71-linux-x64.rpm
    # cp US_export_policy /usr/java/jre1.7.0_71/lib/security
    # cp local_policy /usr/java/jre1.7.0_71/lib/security

Regards,
    Ilano

• 7.  RE: problems with installing sep 12.1.5 on linux client
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 30, 2014 06:36 AM
    Thank you all for trying to help. I found out what was the problem. even though we upgraded the Java from sudo root the Java folder was owned by a diffenent user then root. As a result although the Java was installed it didn't have superuser privileges. I used the command Chown-R root:root <Java folder> To change the owner and group owner to root. After installing the Java again after the changes i was able to install the Sep client without a problem. Again thank you all for trying to help.