Video Screencast Help

Problems with migration from SEP RU7(11.0.7000) to SEP 12 RU2 in clients Windows 7

Created: 18 Mar 2013 • Updated: 08 Jul 2013 | 10 comments
LucianoPS's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hello everyone.

I'm starting the migration project from SEP11 RU7 to SEP12 RU2 and we are have a problems with this migrating only in machine with Windows 7(Win8 and WinXP work correctly)

When upgrading the SEP, after a while, the machines appear with the network adapter disconnected from the network, but the device is not disable.

The problem is only solved when the antivirus is uninstalled.

I noticed this problem only on machines with windows 7 and that windows XP is not the same.

Someone came to have this kind of problem?

Luciano Santos

Operating Systems:

Comments 10 CommentsJump to latest comment

.Brian's picture

Here is a similar thread:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/upg...

Check the solution to see if it fits your case as well.

Please click the "Mark as solution" link at bottom left on the post that best answers your question. This will benefit admins looking for a solution to the same problem.

SebastianZ's picture

Depending on the number of machines you may want to remove the previous SEP 11.7 version and install 12.1 fresh - this should not cause similar problems.

SameerU's picture

Hi

Have u kept the setting "Remove Previous logs and communications setting"

Regards

 

Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

Hope you have the UAC disabled.

When restarting the Windows 7 machine, do you still face the same issues?

What happens when you try installing a Fresh installation on Windows 7 machine?

 

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

LucianoPS's picture

Hello everyone.

I opened a case to Symantec analyse and it was concluded that is the bug with the version SEP12.1 RU2, only when we make the upgrade on computers that running Windows 7.

Thank you all and if you are having the same problem I recommend opening a case with Symantec for a quick response and to accelerate the release of new version SEP12 RU2 MP1

SebastianZ's picture

Not sure you can accelerate release of the new version in any way - it comes out when its ready:D - which should happen around the end of March/beginning of April - no confirmed date as of yet,

LucianoPS's picture

Yes SebastianZ you have the reason when you say that: "We cant accelerate the release"

but we need to do something for Symantec to understand our concern and support us with greater efficiency and speed.

Our clients get stressed when it happens and we not have a plausible answer or a time for resolution.

what always happens is that Symantec say: "Hold on when we're ready to make available so we are ready"

And our customers?

but this channel is not used for that, it's just a comment, Thanks for your post and have a great day.

SebastianZ's picture

Please do not post etracks on the forum - those are internal symantec numbers and shouldn't be shared here, most of the forum community won't have any access to it as well.

Andy Scott's picture

SEP 12.1.2.1 (RU2 MP1)

http://www.symantec.com/business/support//index?page=content&id=DOC6419&actp=RSS

http://www.symantec.com/business/support//index?page=content&id=TECH204685&actp=RSS

 

 

Migration from Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0.5 or higher to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU2 and removing Network Threat Protection causes network instability

Fix ID: 3063813

Symptom: When upgrading from a later version of Symantec Endpoint Protection with the firewall component installed to a Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 RU2 install package without the firewall, the network may not load upon reboot.

Solution: Updated the migration mechanism for removing Teefer3 components from prior Symantec Endpoint Protection versions during the firewall uninstall.

 

 

@SebastianZ - If it wasn't for another member sharing that Etrac (Fix ID) I could have wasted another 4 hours on the phone with yet another technician wanting to troubleshoot the "new" & "unknown" issue. 

 

SOLUTION