Video Screencast Help

Problems with symantec endpoint protection clients version 12.3.1

Created: 21 Jun 2013 • Updated: 05 Aug 2013 | 13 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Good morning everyone.

I have three computers that have the following sepc os windows xp professional 32-bit sp3

cpu:intel pentium E2140-1,60 Ghz conroe 65 nm techology

Ram 2 GB dual-Channel DDR2

Motherbord

Lenovo lenovo cpu 1

When I install the 12.3.1 version  it asking me for reboot. When I do reboot, the log on screen from windows does not  appears.

when i install older version 11.0700.. there is no problem everything is good.

Operating Systems:

Comments 13 CommentsJump to latest comment

a6viper's picture

I have did it but the result it was same like before log on screen does not appeared.just loading and loading

raju123's picture

Waht about other system of same configuration, is it working tyhere or not?

W007's picture

hello,

Try to login in safe mode and uninstall sep client and reinstall again in normal mode.

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

a6viper's picture

Installation is normally without problems, but when asks me to reboot  then I have the problem the logon screen never appeard.The problem is from pc's or i must do something else?

W007's picture

hello,

how many system having same problem.If this problem having only one system try to check OS level.

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

raju123's picture

How many systems are of same problem and is it working in other system where same configuration?

a6viper's picture

All the other pc's are work perfectly only 3 pc's with the upper spec have the problem.

a6viper's picture

3 workstation have the problem, other 45 machines runs fine.

On the mentioned 3 machines, "Applying user settings" never ends.

Theese machines match SEP system requirements.

Unfortunately, I downgraded theese machines to SEP v11.

Swapnil khare's picture

did you try steps i have mentioned in post below ?

W007's picture

Hello,

What happend when you have uninstall sep client ?

It's working fine or not ?

Swapnil khare's picture

When you install the SEP 12.1 package do not install NTP

The only reason is it install Teefer drivers due to which it fails to load winlogon.exe on win xp

Create a package only with antivirus and antispyware or when you will install Unmanaged pacakge modify it and disable NTP as feature only to check .

If that works you will know the cause and then contact support to get the patch or fix for this issue.

Let me know if this works .

a6viper's picture

finaly i found the problem.It was a application from lenovo that blog symantec i unistall it and all work perfect.

SOLUTION