Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Problems with virtual ghost disk - Intel Pro1000 / Supermicro Server

• 1.  Problems with virtual ghost disk - Intel Pro1000 / Supermicro Server

Posted Jun 20, 2006 06:46 AM
    At the last weekend I test to create an Image from my servers (system disks) and
    we had many troubles:

1. two servers hang in the virtual ghost disk and wait for a connect to the ghost cast server - at the GSS server the cast server doesn't start automatically

2. one server (Windows 2003 Terminalserver) doesn't boot the virtual ghost disk - we get a message box on the server console: still users are connected

3. on three servers we are unable to install the remote client service - one Windows 2003 Terminalserver ,one Windows 2000 Server (MS Proxyserver) , one Windows 2000 Server (dc)

4. on one server we start the task manually in the scheduled tasks - no problem -but the automatically task doesn't work correct Ghost Logfile: Error Number:(10030)

Hardware: Supermicro Server Mainboard: X6DH8-G2 ,X5DPI-G2 ,P4DPI-G2 - the only different is the mainboard and bios revision - all have Onboard Intel dual Pro 1000 network cards (82546EB ,82546GB chipset)

I had to create a new network card template with some extensions in the mcassist.cfg file (additional PCI-TAG) for correct recognition

• 2.  RE: Problems with virtual ghost disk - Intel Pro1000 / Supermicro Server

Posted Jun 29, 2006 02:25 AM
    We resolved the 1. problem: on this servers i changed the mac address in windows (need for a license server moved from an old server network card)

I think the problem is that the ghost console recognizes the new mac address over the ghost client service and after boot the virtual ghost disk the original mac is used - the ghost cast server don't recognizes the client connection (the virtual ghost disk has no timeout and reboot for this case)

We changed the mac back to original and unused the second unsued network card form the license service