Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Pushing out the Symantec System Recovery 2011 from SSR 2011 MS

Created: 30 Sep 2011 • Updated: 03 Oct 2011 | 1 comment
This issue has been solved. See solution.

1) I just needed to know when i push out the  Symantec System Recovery 2011 client from my Management Solution to one of my servers, is it a silent install or would it require some user interface.

2) Without pushing it out, where can i get a manual download of it. Can you send me a link.

3) Does it automatically remove previous clients of besr 8, besr 8.5, 9 and update it  and does it keep the previous liscense intact ?

Comments 1 CommentJump to latest comment

David F's picture

1. Normally it is the silent install. If you check within the SETTINGS | BACKUP AND RECOVERY | SYMANTEC SYSTEM RECOVERY PACKAGES | 2011 | PACKAGE FOR SYMANTEC SYSTEM RECOVERY 2011 WITH USER INTERFACE | PROGRAMS | ENGLISH | COMMAND LINE and it looks something like this:

.\install\setup.exe /s /L1033 /v"SILENTMANAGED=1 REBOOT=Force /qn...

then yes it will install silently and reboot the client.

2. You should be able to get a manual download from http://fileconnect.symantec.com enter your serial number, the file that you are looking for is: Sym_System_Recovery_2011_10.0.1.41704_Multilingual_Product.zip

3. If it discovers that a previous version is install it will attempt an uninstall, then a install of the updated product, then a reboot. Be sure to locate your BESRInstall.txt and the new SSRinstall.txt files if upgrading fails. To be sure that a log file is created at a place where you can find it, change the Command line from question 1 to:

... /l*voicewarmup c:\SSRInstall.txt...

SOLUTION