Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
  • 1.  PXE Booting,Ghost Cast Server 11.5.1.2266 & VMWare Workstation 11

Posted Oct 21, 2015 12:21 PM

I have an odd issue where my VM can boot to PXE with no issue and launches winpe from the server but cannot launch GHOST32.EXE ...no error message or anything...I tested with different NICs for the VM and same issue. I tested on a physical machine (Laptop) and it boots fine to PXE and launches the ghost cast session with no issue.

I went and also created an ISO for GHOST and used that instead to connect to the ghostcast server and it worked! So as  of now, I have a workaround. I was wondering if anyone has seen this before or what steps i can look at to see what the issue could be.

thanks for any help on this everyone!!!!

• 2.  RE: PXE Booting,Ghost Cast Server 11.5.1.2266 & VMWare Workstation 11

Posted Oct 21, 2015 05:54 PM

Hi there!

What doe you have in the startup.bat file? DOes it have a line that says x:\Ghost32.exe? If you take a look at Step #14 in the following article, you can see how I configured it there:

Creating a PXE Boot Image for Ghostcasting in Ghost Solution Suite 3

That article recommends using a 64bit WinPE OS, but ignore that since you seem to be using an x86 preboot OS.

• 3.  RE: PXE Booting,Ghost Cast Server 11.5.1.2266 & VMWare Workstation 11

Posted Oct 29, 2015 10:07 AM

I have had that happen to me before when we first starting getting new Dell 9020's All-In-One systems. Turns out it the NIC driver for it the I217-LM network adapter. Once I got an updated driver it sloved that problem of rebooting into Automation and giving that error and never getting on the network.