Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  PXE Dell E6400 - No Boot file received

Posted Jan 26, 2009 09:06 AM
    OK, did I mis something or is there an real issue out there.

I am building an image for my new fleet of Dell Latituide E6400 machines (Intel NIC chipset) and surprise, they are not happy with PXE (Altiris DS 6.8 SP2 - 378). I have 2 other machines on the same 4 port hub taht are pisking up the PXE boot file just fine, so I know my PXE server and DS are still happy. Yet none of my E6400 laptops are able to boot to PXE.

All is normal till I see the DHCP .../ and after a few seconds I get:
    PXE-E53: No Boot file name received

Anyone else seeing this, anyone have a solution?
    I am using a traditional DOS boot file with the default UNDI driver.

• 2.  RE: PXE Dell E6400 - No Boot file received

Posted Jan 26, 2009 10:41 AM
    I don't believe your system has gotten to the driver issue point. Your machine seems to be rejecting the PXE. How about your BIOS settings for the E600 boot sequence and security? I have, however, never seen this error unless PXE was not delivering the file because of a server problem.

• 3.  RE: PXE Dell E6400 - No Boot file received

Posted Jan 27, 2009 12:54 AM
    BIOS is nothing special. From the Factory I have Dell simply enable PXE, make the NIC the first boot device and then set my SATA mode to ATA. I have 2 E6400's that came with default BIOS settings and when I hit F12 for the 1 time boot menu, I still get the same error.

They are all BIOS REV 11. I'm in the queue with support now. I'll let you know what I get from them.

• 4.  RE: PXE Dell E6400 - No Boot file received
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 27, 2009 01:50 AM