Deployment Solution

View Only
  • 1.  Question about Office 2007 silent install under DS 6.9.

Posted Apr 27, 2009 01:44 PM
    I realize there has been some discussion on this already, and I have gotten farther along based on that discussion, but I still have a question.

I have created an MSP file via the /admin switch, but when I attempt to execute the MSP via the /adminfile switch I am getting the typical "Install now or Customize" screen... If I do an "install now" the install does complete with no further user interaction as it is supposed to.

Problem is, I want the installer to skip the option of "install now / customize" and I do not see any option to make this happen.

Can someone fill me in as to where the option is to make this happen? Do I need to be using a config.xml with a switch within THAT file to make the install start without user interaction?

Thank you for your help to this and any number of other DS questions I will post here.

Mark

• 2.  RE: Question about Office 2007 silent install under DS 6.9.

Posted Apr 27, 2009 01:51 PM
    Once you set the dialog entries in the OCT (under Licensing and user interface) you can deploy it with this job:

REM Install Office 2007 Professional Plus

set CustomMSP=Custom\Office_2007_ProPlus.MSP
    set ProductFolder=ProPlus.WW

set networkpath=\\%DSSERVER%\express\Applications\Office2007
    "%networkpath%\setup.exe" /adminfile "%networkpath%\%CustomMSP%" /config "%networkpath%\%ProductFolder%\config.xml"

• 3.  RE: Question about Office 2007 silent install under DS 6.9.

Posted Apr 27, 2009 04:34 PM
    If you use the /admin switch to setup your install of Office 2007 and specified for it to be a silent install all you need to do is put the .msp file in the Updates folder on the share that you are running the install from. Then just create an Install Software job that runs Setup.exe and it will install silently. That's how its working for me.

• 4.  RE: Question about Office 2007 silent install under DS 6.9.
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2009 07:41 PM
    Mark: You're on the right track. In OCT, choose: I accept, Display Level: Basic, and uncheck Completion, Suppress and No cancel.

SP2 comes out tomorrow, so make sure to drop that in the Updates folder after it's been tested.

• 5.  RE: Question about Office 2007 silent install under DS 6.9.

• 6.  RE: Question about Office 2007 silent install under DS 6.9.

Posted Apr 27, 2009 07:54 PM
    Thank you adamli9 for your reply... Yours was the reply that was the correct answer to my question..

Thank you as well for spelling it out for me in the forums.

Nice to see that questions do get answered here.. I will do my best not to be someone who gets RTFM in response to my questions, but it certainly is always nice to know that you can swing over here and ask the occasional question that you need.

Mark

• 7.  RE: Question about Office 2007 silent install under DS 6.9.

Posted Apr 30, 2010 10:33 AM
    Just to say stop providing invalid links from kb.altiris please: the good link is https://kb.altiris.com/article.asp?article=39571&p=1
    And how to got it: Just follows the screen
     Right-clic "Copy the shortcut"