A question about Oracle DataGuard / DataGuard Broker agent
I'm currently implementing a DR platform for one of our customers as follows:
The platform is composed (currently) of two one-node clusters in a GCO setup
- 2 IBM POWER 750 LPARs running AIX 6.1 (one per site)
- Oracle 11g R2 and Data Guard configured (non-RAC)
- No shared storage
- VCS 6.0.3 with the latest relevant agents form SORT
As of today, the setup works as expected, but the customer requires that we use the DataGuard Broker agent to manage the database replication, to avoid impacting other administration procedures.
The problem with that is that the current available version of the AIX agent (126.96.36.199) does not support using the broker agent in a non-RAC configuration, as opposed, for example, to the Solaris version (188.8.131.52), that includes the necessary functionality.
Now, the questions are:
- Why the AIX agent does not currently support DG Broker in non-RAC configuration?
- Is this functionality on the development roadmap for the agent?
- If the answer to the previous question is "yes", is there an expected release date for the updated agent?