A question about resource dependency
I'd appreciate your help with the following newbie question -
- I've upgraded my application server software
- The new app server binaries are stored on /opt/app_new
- before the upgrade it was /opt/app - which now 100% unused and can be removed
- The old mount point /opt/app is still mounted on the active server but deleted from the passive node (dir does not exist)
- The cluster is still configured with mount resources for BOTH file systems
- The application resources (startup scripts) are still configured to depend on BOTH the mount resources
- The startup scripts are stored are stored in /usr and not in any of the above mentioned file systems
In this scenario, will my cluster failover to the passive node and start the app server successfully?
A different way to ask the same question - if a child resource failed to start, will VCS stop there or will it try and start a parent resource?
Thanks in advance!