Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Question on new Licenses for SEP 11.0?

Posted May 07, 2009 10:29 AM
    Hi, first time to the forum. 

I had recently renewed my SEP 11.0 Licenses and noticed that I only received a certificate for those.  I was under the impression that i would have gotten a new serial # and maybe an updated file to be installed over the old client machine installs?  Do i do absolutely nothing for these new licenses to take effect? 

Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Question on new Licenses for SEP 11.0?
    Best Answer

Posted May 07, 2009 10:41 AM
    Hi,

Symantec Endpoint Protection does not require a License file. Please check the link below.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2007120509085848

• 3.  RE: Question on new Licenses for SEP 11.0?

Posted May 07, 2009 03:41 PM

Does that mean i have to do nothing at all to these licenses, just keep the certificate i received for the licenses?  Thanks.

• 4.  RE: Question on new Licenses for SEP 11.0?

Posted May 07, 2009 03:59 PM
    Yes you are exactly right, there is no license file that has to be transfered over and you have to do absolutely nothing for your license to take affect. This seemed strange to me at first too. Symantec trusts people not to take advantage of this sort of system : )

Cheers,
    Grant-

-------
    We are trying to remind people to make sure to click on Mark As Solution when one of the posts answers your question. This lets us know you do not need further assistance, as well as making life easier for people who may have the same problem as you do. Thanks.