Video Screencast Help
Give us your opinion and win with Symantec! Please help us by taking this survey to tell us about your experience with Symantec Connect, so that we can continue to grow and improve.  Take the survey.

Question regarding Encryption Desktop 10.3 Resolved Issues

Created: 06 Feb 2013 | 3 comments

I was looking through the resolved issues for the latest Encryption Desktop and I have 2 questions regarding this one:

Resolved the issue so that Windows Single Sign-On automatic logon process works as expected after upgrading to Symantec Encryption Desktop 3.0. [2824635]

1) What exactly does this resolve?

2) What is [2824635] for? I assumed it was a KB article but doing a search for "2824635" was of no help.

Thanks

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

nate.hall's picture

I thought they might be for internal - just hoped it would be something the public could use since they make those numbers publically available.

It would be nice to see what the issue was instead of getting a somewhat generic description.

SebastianZ's picture

As mentioned in the other thread:

Issue fixed according to release notes in Symantec Encryption Desktop 10.3.0. The problem was a rare issue that the system would freeze on the PGP SSO screen.

The number you see would be an internal Symantec bug number - this won't be searchable as the information under this is available only internally.

Problem was partially related to similar problem as per offically published KB:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH192308

- you may refer to this KB if you need somewhat more accurate information.

Hope that helps.