Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Questions about Backup Exec 2012 duplications

Created: 26 Mar 2013 • Updated: 02 Apr 2013 | 3 comments
kml's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi all,

i run full backups on the weekend (schedule FULL-HEB) on deduplication disk storage, and i've configured a stage that duplicate to tape :

==> according to schedule

==> selected backups

i've checked my schedule "FULL-HEB"

How does BE works ? Does it duplicate all the jobs that ran with the "FULL-HEB" schedule and weren't duplicate on tape yet ? I cannot use the "most recent full backup" option because i have to be able to duplicate monthly backups on different media sets

Thanks in advance

Operating Systems:

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

CraigV's picture

Hi,

It should only duplicate the most recent backup of the "FULL-HEB" backup job, and leave everything else.

It won't selectively choose what to duplicate according to what was already done...it will be everything in that selection.

Thanks!

Alternative ways to access Backup Exec Technical Support:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/alte...

SOLUTION
kml's picture

Thanks CraigV. I have a duplication running right now and the volumetry seems bigger than the backup ! I'm afraid it's duplicating more data than the last FULL_HEB backup :-/

I can't find anything on BE documentations, does any Symantec employee can give me an "official" answer about that ?

Thanks

pkh's picture

When you duplicate from a dedup folder, the data is hydrated first, i.e. it is "expanded" back to its original size.