Endpoint Protection Small Business Edition

View Only
  • 1.  Questions about replacing SEP 12.1.x with SEP.cloud on Windows 7 in domain

Posted Sep 19, 2014 01:35 PM

According to the Symantec.cloud Administrator's Guide, I can install SEP.cloud on a client computer that is currently running SEP 12.1.x, and have the installation process automatically remove the 12.1.x software.

Has anyone who visits this forum done this in the past, and if so, what where the results?

Are there any issues or cautions you can offer regarding the automatic removal of another Symantec product?

Or, should I manually uninstall the existing SEP client, run the cleanwipe, and then do the install?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Questions about replacing SEP 12.1.x with SEP.cloud on Windows 7 in domain

Posted Sep 19, 2014 01:38 PM

I've not done it personally but have spoken with a few that have. The process was fairly straightforward. The removal process went well except for a few problem machines, which I suppose you can expect. The advice in the install guide should work as expected overall though.

• 3.  RE: Questions about replacing SEP 12.1.x with SEP.cloud on Windows 7 in domain

Posted Oct 13, 2014 04:41 PM

I took the smarter path with this project and manually uninstalled the SEP 12.1.x clients and rebooted.  Then deleted all of the associated Symantec folders, ran CCleaner and deleted all of the remaining registry entries and rebooted again.

The installation of the SEP.cloud via GPO on the Windows 7 desktops ran flawlessly after that.