Client Management Suite

View Only
  • 1.  Quick Software Delivery 1619

Posted Nov 15, 2010 05:01 PM

Trying to deploy (quick delivery) a software package to a machine and it keeps returning the code 1619 failure.

Any ideas???

I have provided just for giggles "Everyone" NTFS Modify rights to the software library location where the package is located.

• 2.  RE: Quick Software Delivery 1619

Trusted Advisor
    Posted Nov 15, 2010 05:34 PM

A couple of things,

1) Verify the package has been copied correctly to the client. This by default should be under,
    C:\Program Files\Altiris\Altiris Agent\Agents\SoftwareManagement\Software Delivery

2) Verify you can install this manually by executing the installation command from within this folder

As a random shot -if this issue persists and your client is  unservice packed XP, there is an Microsoft KB with this as a known issue for old SPs of XP with Windows Installer 2.0

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316309

Kind Regards,
    Ian./

• 3.  RE: Quick Software Delivery 1619

Posted Nov 15, 2010 07:38 PM

1. package does exist in this location and package is exactly the same size and amount of files that I put in the software library.  FYI package is SEP.

2. will test this as soon as I can will also test the original files to make sure nothing happened before adding to software library.

Machines are all XP SP3

• 4.  RE: Quick Software Delivery 1619

Posted Nov 15, 2010 08:47 PM

msiexec.exe /i "Symantec AntiVirus.msi" /qn

If I run that command from a command line in the cache folder highlighted above I do not get the error code: 1619

So is it an issue running as the system account causing this error?  Has anyone else ever seen this?

• 5.  RE: Quick Software Delivery 1619

Posted Nov 16, 2010 03:09 AM

Try /qb to get a maybe more detailed error message or check your event log if there is more information inside.

• 6.  RE: Quick Software Delivery 1619
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 16, 2010 08:49 AM

Ok /qb was not the issue but in doing it I decided to use the msi command build (wizard) utility to create the /qb switch instead of hand entering it.  When I did this it created the command:

msiexec.exe /i "endpoint\Symantec AntiVirus.msi" /qb

So that gave me and idea change the default command that was automatically created when I created the package.

msiexec.exe /i "endpoint\Symantec AntiVirus.msi" /qn

Install is running now and not stopping on the 1619 error anymore!