Quick Walkthrough - Enteprise Vault 9 and ISA 2006 Configuration
I just needed a quick walkthrough OR quick confirmation on cetrain queries around Enterprise vault 9.0.1, Exchange 2010 and ISA 2006 configuration for OWA & outlook anywhere.
So far, I've reviewed following:
- How to configure Enterprise Vault (EV) integration with Outlook Anywhere using Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Outlook Web Access (OWA) Internal and External WebApp URLs
In our environment, we use same host name for OWA (https://owa.company.com/owa) as highlighted in one of coniguration examples in second technote (Different IP addresses). As per the document, I've set following in web.config file and Set External Web App URL to <https>/Enterprise vault (default)
- Set EnterpriseVault_ExternalIPAddresses: 192.168.0.21 (using our own ISA IP addresses in place of example value)
I still cannot access archive explorer & search archive using external OWA, because I haven't configured any translation rule on ISA (?). I just needed assistance with how the translation rule will look on ISA:
- For OWA: https://owa.company.com/EnterpriseVault Translates to http://EVA.internaldomain.com (EVA being EV server in environment)?
- For Outlook anywhere OutlookAnywhere.Company.Com/EnterpriseVault points to EVA server IP addresses as per first technote?
Sorry I know this sounds bit like "spoon feeding" but I don't have access to ISA server and our ISA guys do not like when the person requesting changes on ISA is not confident on what he is looking for, so I am trying to clear all my queries in advance.
Any further inputs are also welcome.
Thanks in advance !