Video Screencast Help

"NO VALID SOURCE DRIVE" WHEN TRYING TO CREATE AN IMAGE ON AN HP 2730P TABLET USING GSS 2.5

Created: 24 Nov 2008 • Updated: 19 Sep 2010 | 2 comments

I HAVE SPENT HOURS TRYING DIFFERENT VARIATIONS AND FIND MY SELF BACK AT SQUARE ONE.  I AM TRYING TO CREATE AN IMAGE OF AN HP 2730P TABLET PC.  I WAS USING GSS 1.0 AND BOUGHT 2.5 HOPING THAT WAS THE ISSUE.  ORIGINALLY, I TRIED BOOTING IT WITH A NETWORK BOOTABLE USB AND CD WITH THE INTEL 82566 DRIVER AND IT WOULD GO INTO GHOST....EVEN BIND....BUT SAID NO VALID SOURCE DRIVE.  I DUG A LITTLE DEEPER AND REALIZED THIS TABLET'S NIC WAS ACTUALLY AN INTEL 82567LM (E1Y5132.SYS)....AND NEEDLESS TO SAY I STILL HAVE NOT HAD SUCCESS WITH MAKING THIS BOOTABLE.  I HAVE TRIED SEVERAL SWITCHES (-NOIDE -NOUSB -FNI -FFX) AND STILL NO LUCK.  LIKE I SAID I'VE TRIED SO MANY VARIATIONS I REALLY NEED TO START FROM STRATCH NOW....AT ONE POINT I SAW THE DRIVE BUT THAN THE NIC DID NOT BIND.  HAS ANYONE HAD THE SAME ISSUE WITH THIS TABLET?  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

GhostTechClient's picture

i dont know if this will help you but i had to add -ntexact to my usual list to get mine to work...

Randall Newnham's picture

hello,

Try adding these Windows Vista drivers to get the WinPE boot environment to work.

Why does Symantec Ghost need drivers for Windows Vista when imaging some other operating system?
http://service1.symantec.com/support/on-technology.nsf/docid/2009061216045160

Thank you,

Randy