Video Screencast Help

"Symantec Management Client" service failed to start

Created: 28 Nov 2008 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 2 comments

I've installed the SEP Management Console 11.0 MR3 in Windows 2003 server.

After that, I deployed the SEP client to 28 PCs

 

For all PCs are running in Windows XP Pro w/SP3.

 

Only 22 PC successfully deployed. The remain 6 PCs cannot start the "Symantec Management Client" service with connection timeout (30000ms) error.

 

Those 6 PCs cannot run Liveupdate and cannot shown in SEP management console. And the SEP icon not shown in system tray.

 

I've tried to reinstall the SEP client but still not work.

 

When I manual start the Symantec Management Client service, it prompts with error 0x8007041d

 

Message Edited by Patrick Mak on 11-28-2008 03:07 AM

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Dr. Watson's picture

If we have SEP mr3 (11.0.3001.2224) and if tamper protection is on ...  then .. the application logs in the event viewer should help...

 

You need to check if there is some Tampering logs for Symantec services or files due to some existing applications on teh machine...

 

Ideally it shows a ...

 

Actor Process: XXXX

Target Process: XXXX

 

in the event viewer...

 

Check if you find anything similar.. let me know if you dont.. we'll figure some other way to find the tamper/conflict...

 

cheeeeers ... :) 

Patrick Mak's picture

Thanks for your reply.

 

I've checked in the problem client PC. No any similar application log shows in event viewer which related to this error