Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

RALUS 12.5 agent with Backup exec server 12?

Created: 25 Jun 2009 • Updated: 21 May 2010 | 3 comments
vgan's picture

I have the RALUS 12.5 agent installed on multiple RHEL ES5 servers which are experiencing the same issue.

We are running Backup Exec server version 12.

When trying to add Linux servers from the media server we get the following error:

"an error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of somelinuxserver. A network connection to the server could not be established"

Agent installation seems good and we have ruled out any firewall issues at this point.

Is there a compatibility issue with a 12.5 agent and 12 media server?   Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

James McKey's picture

It is expected that you might need to upgrade gradually, but the expectation & standard Server/client architecture is such that we design and test for the media server(s) to be upgraded first, and then the remote agents are rolled out afterwards (whether they be RAWS or RALUS agents). So I really don't know what would happen with updating the remote agents first, as it's not really a design or testing consideration. Hope that helps.

James McKey
Social Media Support Manager
Support Services

Ken Putnam's picture

As James said the "correct" way is to upgrade the media server first

If you don't want to do that,  you can try using the v12.5 serials on the v12.0 media server and using v12.0 agents on  the Linux servers

or you can contact support and give them your v12.5 serials and they can send you back v12.0 serials

If this response answers your concern, please mark it as a "solution"

vgan's picture

Is the Media server upgrade from 12.0 to 12.5 free, or can I download the 12.0 linux agent somewhow since I have a 12.5 license?