Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Re-Installing Second SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 Using One External SQL Database

Posted Jan 08, 2016 01:11 PM

I have a fairly simple question ... I once found an article that anserwed this but anyway ... 

I went through the motions of installing a second sepm for load balancing/failover and when I got to the section 

"Install an additional management server to an existing site" then the next screen

Authentication type :  Database Server:   Database name:, etc...

Since I have an existing database, the box pops up and says Database is being initailized, this will take a few minutes ... 

Then a box pops up and says The management server name already exists.  Do you want to replace it with the new server?

First of all the initialize worried me because I though it was going to wipe out the database that had already been created and in use by my first server.

1) I found an article that said something about initialize in this case did not mean that the database was being wiped out.  Can you possibly point me to an article that discribes this very question?  

2) I get the part where The management server name already exists because (I think) since this is a RE-INSTALL, the database was already aware of the name of the server that I was reinstalling, right?  

I am looking for the anwer to (1) for documentation for an audit.  Please help me out if you can.  Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Re-Installing Second SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 Using One External SQL Database

• 3.  RE: Re-Installing Second SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 Using One External SQL Database

Posted Jan 08, 2016 01:20 PM

The warning prompt in step 9 - can anyone expand on that?  

• 4.  RE: Re-Installing Second SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 Using One External SQL Database
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 08, 2016 01:28 PM

• 5.  RE: Re-Installing Second SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 Using One External SQL Database

Posted Jan 08, 2016 01:41 PM

Perfect - Thanks Brian!  

• 6.  RE: Re-Installing Second SEPM 12.1.6 RU6 Using One External SQL Database

Posted Jan 08, 2016 01:54 PM

Welcome :)