How to recover encryption password
The encryption password is present in the recovery file in teh server private key backup folder of SEPM.
Both the below article suggest you cannot recover the database encryption password:
What are you trying to do (i.e. what do you need the encryption password for), and how is your SEPM setup (embedded, SQL, did you pick the "Simple" install option, etc)?
Database password is your encryption password.
I believe you have recovered your Database password.
Technical Support Engineer, Endpoint Security
Enterprise Technical Support
CCNA | CCNP | MCSE | SCTS |
Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helps you.<
Encryption Password is an important element.
A Quick Tip: Encryption password may be the same password which was set as during the Installation of SEPM for Login Purposes for the first time.
Hope you may find it.
If not, you are correct, use the SylinkReplacer Tool to get all the clients communicate to the SEPM.
Check this Article:
Password recovery for Symantec Endpoint Protection and Symantec AntiVirus
However, check this Threads:
Hope that helps!!
Symantec Enterprise Technical Support Engineer, SEP
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3
Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.
Go through following article
Recover embeeded database password
To recover embedded Database Password on Endpoint Protection
1. Go to Control Panel- Administrative Tools - Data Sources(ODBC) - System DSN tab
2. Choose the Symantec Endpoint Security DSN, click Configure
3. Go to the database tab, under the database name put any value other than "sem5" (such as "sem"), then click OK twice
4. Change the c:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Php\php.ini properties, untick the read-only
5. Open c:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Php\php.ini" with notepad
6. Set the "display_errors = on" and "display_startup_errors = on", save the changes and close the file
7. Open internet browser, go to http://localhost/reporting (include port number after localhost if it's not on 80 e.g. http://localhost:8080/reporting/)
8. Try to login using the Endpoint Protection Manager console credential
9. The database password will be displayed next to 'DBA' string on the browser.
i've come across a same situation, if you need the encryption password to connect SNAC dhcp plugin with sepm then you can follow this article
Can you tell your issue was resolved or what
yeah.. Dhcp enforce plugin shows connected to sepm.. Green all over...