Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Recovery BackupExec 2010 R3 after incremential backup

Created: 31 Jan 2013 • Updated: 11 Feb 2013 | 2 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi,

I've a job policy on backupexec 2010, i've a full backup of my server each friday and an incremential job from monday to thursday.

All job are on a NAS device.

for sample:

If thursday i want to restore an entire folder, i choose the last incremential backup (wednesday). But i've just the tree folders and the modified files since the last full backup. All other files are not present. If i want to restore it, i must create an other restore job from the last full backup.

How can i mix it (like in backupexec 2012) to have just one recovery job to do?

Thank You

Comments 2 CommentsJump to latest comment

Sush...'s picture

Hello Defis,

In BE 2010 you will have to create a Restore job and select the resource from Full backup and all the Incremental backups uptill the point you want to restore. You can select this in single job too.

In BE 2012 you just need to select the resource from last Incremental (till the point you want to restore). In the background BE will automatically restore the data from Full and the subsequent Incremental jobs.

Thanks,

-Sush...

Hope this piece of Information Helps you... and if it does then mark this response as Solution....!!!

SOLUTION
Defis 33's picture

Thank You for the answer,

i was afraid with it!

It's not very easy when you want to restore different files in different folders.