Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Recovery with IDR (Backup EXEC 2010 R3).

Created: 30 Nov 2012 | 8 comments

Hi, all.

scheme of the backup:

server makes a backup from PC to HDD, then dublicate this backups to a tape. At hdd on a server backups stored 2 days and then overwritten, at tape backups stored 7 years.

I have a problem with restore. I need restore PC, i tryed restore with IDR. when i booted with IDR cd i connect to a server via network, and saw full backups of this PC at server, but i don't saw backups from a tape library. Media at server with this backup at this moment overwriten. At server i see this backup of PC at tape. I also can restore this PC to a folder at server from a tape. I started catalog media, after that i burn again IDR cd and tryed restored, but i have same situation.

how can I restore this PC?

Discussion Filed Under:

Comments 8 CommentsJump to latest comment

pkh's picture

What version of BE are you using?

Artem.Kachurin's picture

Hi,

Symantec Buckup EXEC 2010 R3 Version 13.0 Rev. 5204 (64-bit)

pkh's picture

When you duplicate a backup set, the .dr file is not created.  Hence you would not be able to use the duplicated backup set which in your case is on tape.  There is no way around this. 

If I am not mistaken, this limitation is removed with BE 2012 and SDR.

Artem.Kachurin's picture

I also tried to restore this PC manually, according to instructions. But during the restoration, I had a error. I can not connect to the PC from the server (using the generated temporary account). Below is a screenshot of a server error on the client IDR.

How to get out of this situation?

Thanks in advance

DSC_1004.jpg DSC_1005.jpg
Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

In the second snap it shows the error with server service is backup exec server service started ,if not please start the service once and check

Thanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

Artem.Kachurin's picture

3 times I tried to boot from IDR and I have the same error. How on a client start the service and how to check? On the server, all services are running.

Backup_Exec's picture

Hi

Services for windows is best place to check which services for backup exec are working and not

THanks

Sameer

Don't forget to give a "Thumbs Up" or Mark as "Solution" if someones advice has helped you.

Artem.Kachurin's picture

If I understand correctly, the problem I have with the service on the PC that I am trying to restore? Where can I see the service of this PC?

DSC_1006.jpg