Video Screencast Help

Releases later than RU6 MP3 cannot be migrated to 12.1 - RU7?

Created: 22 Aug 2011 • Updated: 29 Aug 2011 | 5 comments
This issue has been solved. See solution.

We are currently running SEP 11 RU7 and wanted to upgrade to 12.1, but that seem not to be possible :(

Migration Paths For Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH162327

Problem

You want to know what versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager and Symantec Sygate Enterprise Protection can be migrated to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.

Solution

All versions of Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager up to Release Update 6 Maintenance Patch 3 (RU6 MP3) can be migrated to version 12.1. Releases later than RU6 MP3 cannot be migrated to 12.1.

All versions of Symantec Sygate Enterprise Protection up to 5.1 up to Release Update 9 Maintenance Patch 5 (MR9 MP5) can be migrated to version 12.1. Releases later than 5.1 MR9 MP5 cannot be migrated to 12.1.

This restriction does not affect client versions.

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mick2009's picture

Hi Shogo,

I recommend waiting until SEP 12.1 RU1 is released in the next couple of months: I understand that it will be possible to upgarde from SEP 11 RU7 to this new SEP 12.1 RU1.

Thanks and best regards,

Mick

With thanks and best regards,

Mick

SOLUTION
Mithun Sanghavi's picture

Hello,

I agree with Mick. "Thumbs Up" for his suggestion.

In case you want to migrate to Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1 from Symantec Endpoint Protection RU7, then you may need to wait till SEP 12.1 RU1 is released.

Thank you Mick.

Mithun Sanghavi
Senior Consultant
MIM | MCSA | MCTS | STS | SSE | SSE+ | ITIL v3

Don't forget to mark your thread as 'SOLVED' with the answer that best helped you.

James-x's picture

Hello shogo,

I feel a little history might be helpful...

SEP 12.1 went RTM before all changes to SEP 11 RU7 were finalized. Consequently, we were unable to pin down a database migration path from SEP 11 RU7 to SEP 12.1 RTM before 12.1 RTMed. It is not possible to upgrade from SEP 11 RU7 to SEP 12.1 RTM at this time.

As mentioned in the document you quoted, this restriction affects only the SEPM. SEP clients are not affected.

Regards,

James

The Symantec Endpoint Protection Knowledgebase

Please remember to mark the post which resolved your issue as the solution!

jlunden's picture

When is the 12.1 RU1 expected to be released?

Regards, Josef

James-x's picture

Hello jlunden,

In the future, it would be best to ask your question in a new thread rather than bumping an old thread which has already been solved.

No firm 12.1 RU1 release date has been made available yet, but I would expect it out sometime in the next couple months.

James

The Symantec Endpoint Protection Knowledgebase

Please remember to mark the post which resolved your issue as the solution!