Remote Agent Installation Error on Windows Server 2003 (Cannot find Path)
we have a problem with the installation of the remote agent on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2.
When trying to push the installation of the remote agent on the Windows Server 2003 the following error appears:
"Attempt to connect to server \\SERVERNAMEHERE failed with the following error: The system cannot find the path specified."
My installation procedure is the following:
- [Tools] >> "Install Agents and Media Servers on other Servers..."
- [Next] on the welcome screen of the installer
- Doubleclick on "Windows Remote Agents" >> "Browse" (I tested both, "Browse" and the direct input of the server name and the domain in the appropriate field >> In the following window I browse through the computers and servers and select the windows 2003 server on which the remote agent shall be installed.
- In the "Remote Computer Logon Credentials" window I enter the correct account information and confirm them with "OK"
- After a short while the abovementioned error occurs.
Note: The firewall service is deactivated and the server is configured to run as domain controller.
Thanks for any hints and resolutions.