Video Screencast Help

Removing user names from the search criteria within the archive search tool

Created: 25 Sep 2013 | 5 comments

I have entries (Users) who are listed in the seach criteria when in the search archive and would like to remove those entries from that list. I have a user who can no longer search her archive and defaults to the archival search criteria (So she can see other users' archive in this list and can search on those users' archives). Any suggestions as to where the search criteria file and/or procedure can be to modify that list would be greatly appreciated.

Operating Systems:

Comments 5 CommentsJump to latest comment

Arjun Shelke's picture

You will need to remove the permissions for that user from those archives which are listed in the Search archive selection list.

From Vault Admin console >> Archives >> Exchnage Mailboxes >> Select and right click on an archive listed in search, goto permissions tab and remove the user who you dont want to see this archive in the search archive list.

You will need sync the user from archiving task properties once done, close and reopen the browser /delete cookies if required and check.

I hope this helps..

jaykohl's picture

Worked like a Champ! Thank you for your quick response. Now to get the user seeing only her archive and we should be all set to go. I granted her all permissions and re-indexed her index to see if this would clear this issue.

GabeV's picture

Each user should have full permissions over his/her own archive. If adding the permissions manually doesn't work, which would be very odd, you might need to remove all the permissions from the archive and synchronize the permissions again from the archiving task:

How to remove all permissions from an archive using Enterprise Vault Policy Manager (EVPM).
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH44818

I hope this helps

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”–Winston Churchill

jaykohl's picture

Gabe,

I did exactly what you stated and validated that the permissions were granted for the particular user in question, however, we found that her workstation cache was the root cause which caused the issue. After clearing her email cache and re-syncing her account the issue disappeared. Yhank you for all of your support in this matter.

Jay

Arjun Shelke's picture

Hey Jay,

I am glad that steps provided were able to help you resolve the issue.

Cheers!!