Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Renewal of SEP 12.1-reg

Posted Feb 09, 2016 06:00 AM

Sir

I am having 110  Licences of SEP 12.1  WHICH IS DUE FOR EXPIRY  on 26-02-16.Is there any grace period for  Renewal? If so,how many days?

Will the Clients receive updates ater Expiry?

After Expiry  of grace period, is it possible  to renew the Licences or i have to purchase fresh?

Please guide me.

• 2.  RE: Renewal of SEP 12.1-reg

Posted Feb 09, 2016 07:36 AM

Is this for SEP Enterprise edition? If so, then you will not lose content updates. Everything will continue to function as expected even if the license expires. Now with that being said you need to get a new one. But you do have some time.

• 3.  RE: Renewal of SEP 12.1-reg
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2016 10:54 AM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Symantec community.

When the license goes out of compliance the Symantec Endpoint Protection product goes into enforcement mode. There are two types of enforcement

1)  Hard Enforcement: Applies to SEP 12.1 Small Business Edition , it blocks all the updates from Liveupdate Server.

2)  Soft Enforcement: Applies to SEP 12.1 Enterprise Edition It does not block any updates from Liveupdate Server.

In short if it's Small Business Edition clients will not receive any updates, if it's Enterprise Edition SEPM & clients both will receive updates. You should be able to renew the licenses better call Symantec license team & they can guide you further.

Refer this guide also:

Licensing enforcement rules

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO80852

• 4.  RE: Renewal of SEP 12.1-reg

Posted Feb 09, 2016 11:24 PM

Hi all,

I suppose to ask this question as a different thread, but let me continue here,

I have 3 liceses(3 serial numbers) 25+10+10 = 45. All are due for renewal within 7 days, 15 days, and 25 days of time period.

When I was renewing last time, I told the reseller to incorporate the dates to a single expiry date or combine my (45)license to single seial number but failed.

Can I achieve what I explained above while on my renewal.

Thanks,

APK

• 5.  RE: Renewal of SEP 12.1-reg

Posted Feb 10, 2016 12:30 AM

Hi,

I have the same issue for combining all the license.

Please help us :)

• 6.  RE: Renewal of SEP 12.1-reg

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 07:58 AM

Probably expiry on different dates could be concern here. However try to check with reseller/Symantec license team again if there is any solution.