ServiceDesk

View Only
  • 1.  Reports with over 5000 lines receive Server not Responding error

Posted Sep 05, 2014 01:40 PM

Hi All,

When we are working in the reporting system withing ServiceDesk 7.5, we are getting a red "Server not Responding whenever you attempt to export a report with more than 5000 lines.  Does not matter if it's csv or xls for export, they both fail.  Considering the report generates fine, why would exporting, even copying for that matter can cause it to flip out.

Is there a setting in SQL that we have to increase the timeout or within ServiceDesk or IIS?

Any help is appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Reports with over 5000 lines receive Server not Responding error

Posted Sep 05, 2014 01:49 PM

Sort of generic advice, I know, but I've seen this issue when the SQL server is under-specced.  RAM, specifically.  If the ProcessManager db shares an instance with an SMP db, then it can get troublesome as well.

-andrew

• 3.  RE: Reports with over 5000 lines receive Server not Responding error

Posted Sep 05, 2014 01:53 PM

Thanks Andrew.  I had the DB's check the server and we aren't even touching it processor or RAM wise.  It's a ridiculously suped up SQL server.

• 4.  RE: Reports with over 5000 lines receive Server not Responding error

Posted Oct 01, 2014 02:59 PM

It's possible that what you're experiencing has nothing to do with any of what I'm saying, but you should note that havoc may still be wrought with no RAM or CPU redline manifestation at all (even on a beefy server).  If there are db locks happening because the PM db isn't playing well with others (sharing the instance), or if PM is being bullied by other dbs in that instance, this could be an issue.

Is ProcessManager sharing an instance with other DBs?  The Symantec_CMDB database is a bad pair for PM for the same SQL instance.

Again, it could be something totally unrelated, but this is how I've fixed many environments with problems similar to what you're seeing.