Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Requesting and Installing the Webconsole certificate from MS CA using apache for SEPM 12.1

Created: 19 Feb 2013 | 9 comments

Hi All,

We are launching the webconsole SEPM 12.1 on which we are getting the certificate error. We have an internal Microsoft CA in our environment. How can we request and install a certificate issued on the apache to access the webconsole without certificate error.

We know that this can be done using IIS for SEP 11.X for nowhere we found the same how to configure the same in apache. We found some link about the configuration in Apache but could not assoiated the same for webconsole access in SEPM 12.1.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/installing-third-party-certificate-sepm-121

Can anybody please let me know if any solution is avalable for this.

Regards,

Sabyasachi

Comments 9 CommentsJump to latest comment

Ashish-Sharma's picture

Hi,

Do you have provide Error screen shot ?

Check this artical may be help

How to install the certificate for Symantec Protection Center or Endpoint Protection Manager for Web console access

Article:TECH123686 | Created: 2010-01-04 | Updated: 2012-10-25 | Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH123686

Thanks In Advance

Ashish Sharma

Sabya_Dash's picture

Hi,

This is not expected as I have already told that we have a MS CA environment. We want to configure the apache so that whenever anybody access the webconsole it won't show the certificate error warning.

I know this can be done manually by installing the certificate from where the webconsole is accessed as per the mentioned link you have provided.

Regards,

Sabyasachi

SMLatCST's picture

Apache in SEP12.1 does the equivalent of IIS in SEP11, in that it is used for client communications but not for management console access (which is provided by the tomcat part of the SEPM).

From what I recall, there has never been a way to replace the self-signed cert used by the tomcat server part of the SEPM.  The only guidelines Symantec provide are to tell you to download and save the certificate as per A@shish's post above

Sabya_Dash's picture

Hi,

Can you provide any link from Symantec where the same has been mentioned that, it won't be possible in 12.1.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Sabyasachi

SMLatCST's picture

I'm afraid I've never seen an article regarding this, so we'll need a Symantec employee to repond to this thread for you to have something to use as a reference sad

Sabya_Dash's picture

Hi A@shish,

The thread is meant for the communication between client and SEPM using SSL. But what I am looking for the webconsole access using a trusted certficate from CA. Is there any link avilable which can tell us about the same can not be possible using tomcat as mentioned by SMLatCST.

Can anybody from Symantec respond to this?

Regards,

Sabyasachi

Rafeeq's picture

How to install the certificate for Symantec Protection Center or Endpoint Protection Manager for Web console access

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH123686

jwlazar's picture

Rafeeq,

Sabya is asking how to install a third-party CA certificate onto the SEPM server, *not* how to load SEPM's self-signed cert into a browser...which doesn't address the issue of verifying authenticity with a third-party CA.

I've seen it done, and would like to know how it can be achieved as well without asking the client.