Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Reset LiveUpdate pointer to Symantec on a Win8 64 / SEP 12.1.x Machine

Posted Nov 26, 2012 05:54 PM

I know it may be a bit eary in the game, but I need a method to redirect a a SEP 12.1.2 client back to Symantec for LiveUpdate definitions (currently pointing internally)

Assuming that Tamper Protect is 'temporarily' disabled, with Win7 I have been using this document as a reference: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH166129 and placing the Settings.Hosts.LiveUpdate file in this location: "C:\ProgramData\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection\CurrentVersion\Data\Config\" before calling SEPLiveUpdate.

With Windows 8, this method does not appear to work any longer.

Thanks for any suggestions,

-Mike

• 2.  RE: Reset LiveUpdate pointer to Symantec on a Win8 64 / SEP 12.1.x Machine

Posted Nov 26, 2012 06:17 PM

click on liveupdate tab in the client console, it will go to liveupdate internet server

• 3.  RE: Reset LiveUpdate pointer to Symantec on a Win8 64 / SEP 12.1.x Machine

Posted Nov 26, 2012 06:47 PM

You may want to check with support. It's possible they haven't updated the doc yet or are in the process. They may have this internally though.

• 4.  RE: Reset LiveUpdate pointer to Symantec on a Win8 64 / SEP 12.1.x Machine

Posted Nov 27, 2012 08:47 AM

Thanks Rafeeq,

This is for machines currently in an unmanaged state.

-Mike

• 5.  RE: Reset LiveUpdate pointer to Symantec on a Win8 64 / SEP 12.1.x Machine

Posted Nov 27, 2012 08:50 AM

Thanks Brian,

Checking with support is a good tip. I usually try my luck here first, just in case I'm not thinking about the problem clearly enough, and the possible solutions at my fingertips. wink

Have a great day amigo!

-Mike