Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  resetpass.bat file is missing from Syamtec Endpoint protection Manger 12.1.2

Posted Mar 28, 2013 06:52 AM

Hello,

i can't find the resetpass.bat or reset.bat file in SEPM server.

i gone through the path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Tools

but the file is missing.

I am using latest release of SEPM: 12.1.2015.2015, in earlier version the path was as above.

if any one know the new path please guide me as i don't find the file in whole server directory.

Thanks & Regards,

Mahendra

• 2.  RE: resetpass.bat file is missing from Syamtec Endpoint protection Manger 12.1.2

Posted Mar 28, 2013 06:56 AM
    It's gone in 12.1. There is a link on sepm logon console to now reset pw

• 3.  RE: resetpass.bat file is missing from Syamtec Endpoint protection Manger 12.1.2

Posted Mar 28, 2013 06:59 AM

its no more in 12.1. you need to click on the reset password at the log on only.

To verify the Email Address (admin Mail Reciptants):

1.Open Windows Explorer on the computer that runs Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
    2.Locate the <Drive>:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\tomcat\etc folder.
    3.Double-click the sepm_settings.properties file and open with notepad:

admin Email Address is here:
    adminMailReciptants=......

• 4.  RE: resetpass.bat file is missing from Syamtec Endpoint protection Manger 12.1.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 28, 2013 07:36 AM

Hi,

Resetpass.bat is no more present under tools folder. It's been removed due to security reason.Now you can recover the password using specified email id.

You can refer this video to learn more about it.

Learn how to save login credentials, Set the banner and recover login password via email

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/videos/learn-how-save-login-credentials-set-banner-and-recover-login-password-email

• 5.  RE: resetpass.bat file is missing from Syamtec Endpoint protection Manger 12.1.2

Posted Mar 28, 2013 10:39 AM

i got my solution now but sometimes mail gets much time to get it.

Thanks Chetan......