Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Restart Settings Not Always Displaying After Upgrade From SEP 12.1 RU6 MP4 to SEP 12.1 RU6 MP5

Posted Jul 06, 2016 12:48 PM

I have upgraded SEPM to 12.1 RU6 MP5 from MP4 and installed the MP5 Client Package as well.  I sent out the package to test clients and received reports that about half of them did not get the Restart Required pop up.  I have seen this before with past client upgrades but this time it seemed to be over half who did not receive the restart notification.  

SEPM v. 12.1 RU6 MP5

SEP v 12.1 RU6 MP5

Restart Method: Delayed restart

Delayed Restart: Up to this time 01:00 - Next occurence - Randomize the start time to be + or - 2 hours 

Prompt: grayed out

Restart message:  The Symantec Endpoint Protection installation requires this computer to restart

Other options: Hard restart

I have close to 900 endpoints and only about 400 of them received the pop up leaving me with lots of cleanup.  Has anyone else seen this issue?  Recommendations please! 

• 2.  RE: Restart Settings Not Always Displaying After Upgrade From SEP 12.1 RU6 MP4 to SEP 12.1 RU6 MP5

Posted Jul 06, 2016 12:53 PM

I suppose I should add that I did this both by moving clients into an upgrade group and through the Client Deployment Wizard.  I checked the upgrade group and under General Settings -> Restart Settings the settings are the same as above.

• 3.  RE: Restart Settings Not Always Displaying After Upgrade From SEP 12.1 RU6 MP4 to SEP 12.1 RU6 MP5

Posted Jul 06, 2016 12:54 PM

Are the clients you moved the ones affected by this? What about the clients upgraded via the CDW?

• 4.  RE: Restart Settings Not Always Displaying After Upgrade From SEP 12.1 RU6 MP4 to SEP 12.1 RU6 MP5

Posted Jul 06, 2016 01:28 PM

I just received confirmation that is mixed ... some received the pop up and some did not ... It seems to be the same if I push with CDW or moved to a Group. I will say also, this has happened with other upgrades and I normally just use the CDW to smaller amounts of clients at a time but this time we blasted it out much faster due to a company decision to mitigate the threat with MP5.  It isn't a show stopper but I sure would like to figure out what is causing this random behavior.  

• 5.  RE: Restart Settings Not Always Displaying After Upgrade From SEP 12.1 RU6 MP4 to SEP 12.1 RU6 MP5

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2016 08:20 AM

To troubleshoot issue you need to get in touch with Support however for time being i will recomend to initiate reboot command from the SEPM console.