Video Screencast Help

Restore job failed - Final error: 0xe0000388

Created: 29 Jun 2012 • Updated: 02 Jul 2012 | 4 comments
mediaphonetlc's picture
This issue has been solved. See solution.

Hi, I have a problem during the restore (GRT) of a single mail from an exchange 2010 full backup; this backup job working properly and get to 100% without errors

This is the error in the Job Completion Status:

Job ended: venerdì 29 giugno 2012 at 11:21:12
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0000388 - Cannot log on to EWS with the specified credentials. Review the resource credentials for the job, and then run the job again.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-904

If I click on the link V-79-57344-904 does not solve anything because that page shows

Symantec Suggests

 

 

No Answers Found

We were unable to find any results matching your search. Please click the search tips button above for tips on getting the answers you want and try your search again.

Please select a product

Selecting a Product from above Product Selector may provide better answer

 

Comments 4 CommentsJump to latest comment

mediaphonetlc's picture
forgot, the user used to restore is the same created for backup/restore (backupexecuser) and he has administrative rights; by testing credentials is OK before restore job.
 
Any idea?
 
Thanks, Matteo

 

AshwinApte's picture

Hi,

 

Is this a DAG backup or a Standalone backup? Do you have the Exchange Management tools installed on the media server?

Thanks

mediaphonetlc's picture

Hi AshwinApte, thank you for writing.
Well, the backup is for only "Microsoft Information Store" (two mailbox database and one public folders database), no other data on the disks of the exchange machine (for example C:\ or E:\ or system state, nothing else just Information Store).

Yes, there are Exchange Management tools installed on MediaServer BackupExec 2012 (only sp1, no sp1a because if I do a LiveUpdate there are no available updates).

Thank you, Matteo

mediaphonetlc's picture

Ok, I solved it by himself!

On the exchange server was missing the package ExchangeMapiCDO ver.121, I've installed that and than I've restarted the server exchange and the mediaserver......now the job of restore complete correctly and the single mail is present on the Outlook Client of the mailboxstore!!

Bye,

SOLUTION