Video Screencast Help
Protect Your POS Environment Against Retail Data Breaches. Learn More.

Restore MSSQL 2008 Database show error "DBBACKEX MFC Application has stopped working"

Created: 05 Feb 2013 | 3 comments
Jeffn3u's picture

Hi there,

Can anyone help? We are not able to restore Windows MSSQL 2008 Database to alternate client server for recovery.

The error is shown is screenshot.

Thanks in advanced.

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

Mark_Solutions's picture

Which version of NBU and patch elevel are you using?

Do the Master, Media and SQL Client all have the same version and patch level?

How large is the database - i am sure there is an EEB to allow for large SQL database restores on NBU 7.5

(Marianne will be along shortly I am sure)

Authorised Symantec Consultant

Don't forget to "Mark as Solution" if someones advice has solved your issue - and please bring back the Thumbs Up!!.

CRZ's picture

Does the No.Restrictions file exist?  Please check...hmm, I think for you it'd be D:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\db\altnames\No.Restrictions

If it's NOT there, please create it (empty text file is fine, just make sure it has the name "No.Restrictions") and see if that helps.

bit.ly/76LBN | APPLBN | 75LBN

Marianne's picture

Opening post is marked with 'NetBackup 7.1.x and Earlier' - so I doubt that the EEB for NBU 7.5 is applicable here.

We have no idea what steps were performed to configure alternate client restore.

Jeff - please go through steps listed in this section of NBU for SQL Admin Guide:
Redirecting a restore to a different host and let us know if all steps were followed?

Another section in the manual that may be useful:

Minimizing timeout failures on large database restores

Did restore attempt reach Activity Monitor on the master server?
If so, what was status in NBU?
Please post all text in Details tab.

Please ensure that all of the following log folders exist before you attempt another restore:
on master: bprd (NBU Request Service must be restarted after creating folder )
on media server: bptm and bpbrm
on destination client: bpcd and dbclient
Rename/copy logs to reflect process name (e.g. bprd.txt) and post as File attachments.

Supporting Storage Foundation and VCS on Unix and Windows as well as NetBackup on Unix and Windows
Handy NBU Links