Video Screencast Help
Symantec to Separate Into Two Focused, Industry-Leading Technology Companies. Learn more.

Restore tape from BE 12.5 using 2012

Created: 31 Oct 2012 | 3 comments

I am evaluating BE2012 and had to recall year end tapes from 09 that were done using BE12.5   I was able to inventory and catalog the tapes, a restore said completed successfully but no data was restored.  I have anopther system running BE2010R3  and that was able to inventory, catalog, restore, and the data was recovered.  Why would 2010R3 be able to recover data but 2012 did not?

Comments 3 CommentsJump to latest comment

lmosla's picture

Hi,

Do you have all the current live updates installed for Backup Exec? 

Try running a duplicate to disk job by going to the Storage tab, selecting the backup set and duplicate to disk

lee harries's picture

I have a similar issue trying to restore from an old LT03 tape. The data was on a server which is active in 2012 as it was in 12.5. I have successfully duplicated the backup to a drive on our VTL. However when i try and run a restore from the server it will not see the backup set i have duplicated to disk. I have catologed the VTL disk that holds the duplicated backup numerous times. 

Why cant we just restore straight from the media as we could in 12.5 it would be much easier. 

Jaydeep S's picture

What data are you restoring. Is it the data for any application which was supported using BE 12.5 or 2010 and is EOL with BE 2012